Microsoft Skype is one of the best communication platforms for audio-video calling between the two PCs or computers and you can operate it in any operating system even in Linux also. Skype does not have any special instruction on how to install on their differ Linux version so download a package if you want to install the Skype version on Linux.
|No||Table Of Content|
|1.||Skype in Linux OS|
|2.||Install Skype Snap|
|3.||Install Skype in terminal|
Skype in Linux Operating System
Skype is available for Ubuntu and other Linux distributions including Linux Mint which is maintained by the official Skype. you can install by using.deb package for Linux distribution and you can visit official Skype account and download the latest version of Skype or use open a terminal window and install the package using wget command line utility.
So you need to
- Go to the official Skype Website OR
- Open a terminal window and download the package using Wget command
Here are the main steps to download the Skype in Ubuntu.
- Installing Skype Snap
- Install Skypesnap in terminal
- Install legacy Skype
Install Skype Snap
Here are important steps that you need to follow
- In Ubuntu 16.4 and above its easy to install Skype from Ubuntu while in 14.4 you have to use terminal.
- in Ubuntu software write “Skype” on the search icon.
- Now you can see the official Skype icon so you need to install that but before you have to write true password.
- Now you can install depend on your internet connectivity.
- Launch the Skype in Ubuntu with the “Launch” button.
- log in or sign in to your Skype account.
- Go to your profile and click on change profile picture.
- You can take pictures with the use of the webcam or from your computer local files.
Install Skype Snap-in terminal
Here are important steps that you need to follow for download Skype
- Open Your terminal – in Ubuntu 14.04 and above you can install Skype with use of terminal sue of some commands (Ctrl +Alt+T).
- Update the package list type sudo apt-get update and enter your password if prompted.
- Install Snapd and type sudo apt-get install snapd.
- install Skype classic type – sudo snap install skype –classic.
- Go to search option and type “Skype”
- After successfully log in or sign in into the Skype account.
- Go to skype profile and click on change profile picture.
- you can click the live photo of your or take local storage of photos on your computer.
Install legacy Skype
Here are important steps that you need to follow to install Skype
- Open terminal
- You have to know that which version are you working 32 or 64 bit – Type sudo name — and press Enter.
- Enable the Multiarch if you use 64- bit Linux and type sudo dpkg –add-architecture i386 and then press Enter.
- Add the Canonical partner repository and type:- sudo add-apt-repository “deb http://archive.canonical.com/ $(lsb_release -sc) partner” and then press Enter.
- Install the Skype now and type – sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install skype
- you can also install the skype with use of and you have also added the Canonical partner repository open that and click install button to download.
- After that, you need to log in to your Skype account
- Go to your profile option and click change picture
- you can upload your photo from your PC or direct with use of web camera.
So here you need to install the Skype on your laptop or computer with few of method and then you need to follow some command and install the skype after than you have to create the account in skype and successfully log in to your account and visit your account.